Getting married in Las Vegas by a Michael Jackson impersonator is not only as cool as getting married by Elvis, but our Thriller wedding package may have song lyrics that endorse marrying the person that rings your (wedding) bells! (Kind of.) According to Psychology Today, when you are looking for the perfect partner for you, most people have a mental list of either ideal qualities or a list of deal-breakers, or both. But, the experts say, one thing matters more than any of that.
It could be that instincts are often our most reliable senses when it comes to matrimony. A gut feeling that lets you know the other person is “the one.” Many people say they “just knew” when they’d met the right person because of some undefinable quality, which might be a feeling of being safe, adored or appreciated. It’s different for everyone.
We’re wondering how our happily married Viva Las Vegas couples felt when they knew they’d met the right person. Comments, anyone? We’re curious! Did you feel right at home from the beginning, or was there some spark of recognition or maybe a little deja vu? How did you know they were for you?
For those who are not yet hitched but want to find out more about a thrilling way to tie the knot, read about our Thriller wedding package at:
BTW, if you’re coming to Las Vegas for your Thriller wedding, may we suggest ONE, Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson tribute show at Mandalay Bay? It’s the perfect honeymoon night production after your Thriller Wedding at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel!
First, the avalanche of Viva Las Vegas weddings on 10-10-10 opened the floodgates of marital pandemonium (the fun kind!) here at our chapel. That was followed by 11-11-11 and then 12-12-12. (We were still recovering from 11-11-11!) On those dates, we did weddings from dawn until midnight to handle the demand. Every one of our six chapels was running full throttle. We even brought in former staff members to handle the overflow– some even flew in from other parts of the country to help keep the non-stop weddings running smoothly. These “special” dates on the calender are busier for us than a typical Valentine’s Day and Halloween combined. What’s more, this year’s memorable date, 12-13-14, falls on a Saturday– the busiest day of ANY week for Las Vegas Weddings. But this will be no ordinary Saturday.
This year will be the last of those very memorable dates, though, for a long, long time. So….somehow….we have booked 120 (yes, you read that right!) weddings on 12-13-14. Are we crazy? A little bit.
Our fingers will be crossed, though. Everyone’s duties will be precisely choreographed and the caffeine will be flowing. In the past, by some miracle, these crazy-busy wedding dates have run like clockwork. We all worked together like a well-oiled machine. And we really hope that happens again! Still, we always look forward to challenges. We also look forward to working with old friends again, even if it’s just for a day. The level of excitement runs high, and it’s the adrenalin that will keep us going. But, we have to admit, we’re a little scared, just like most brides and grooms on their wedding day. But…it will be fun and completely unforgettable!
After this one day, there won’t be any more of these unique repeating or consecutively-digited dates for awhile. But, sorry, we’re totally booked that day, as you may have gathered. You might try 1-5-15, though, for a fairly easy anniversary to remember…
If you want to see us in action on 12-13-14, log on to earthcam.com and clock on Elvis Wedding Chapel. We’ll be starting just after dawn. Best wishes to us and all those happy couples who will take part in a day for the Viva Las Vegas history books!
Ready to get married in Las Vegas? Once you’ve made the decision to get hitched by Elvis, or to have one of our unique Themed or Traditional destination weddings at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel, the rest is simple. Just follow these five easy steps. Need more help? Call us at 702-384-0771 for our friendly personalized service.
1. Choose a date that fits your schedule/romantic whimsy. (Warning: Popular dates like 12-13-14 and Halloween are going fast!) Remember, if you’re on a tight budget, you can save nearly the full cost of your Viva Las Vegas wedding package by booking a weekday wedding. This is because hotel rooms on weekdays can be half the cost of weekends. Multiply this savings by the average 3-or-4 night stay, and—your wedding seems practically free! Plus, the crowds are smaller in casinos, shows, and buffet lines, too.
2. Visit us at www.vivalasvegasweddings.com to choose your classic, zany, or rockin’ Elvis wedding. Click on any tab to choose from our many Elvis, Themed, or Traditional wedding packages. Can’t decide? We have online chat available. Or, call one of our warm and helpful staff members to answer questions and offer suggestions. You can book your wedding online, or by phone. We’ll talk you through the entire process. Easy-peasy.
3. Book your hotel, flight, rental car…whatever accommodations you may need for your wedding/honeymoon stay in Las Vegas. Not sure where to stay? Ask for recommendations when you call to book your wedding. Tripadvisor is another good resource, to read reviews and compare rates. For transportation to and from your wedding, remember that all of our Themed wedding packages, and many of the Elvis and Traditional ones include round trip limo or town car transportation from your Strip or Downtown hotel to our chapel. Cool! (If you select a simple package that does not include transportation to your wedding, you can always add it on or grab a cab. And, if you have your own wheels, we have plenty of parking right next to our chapel.)
4. Once you’ve checked in at your hotel, give us a call to confirm your arrival. We can answer any last-minute questions then, too. Then, you’ll need to make your way downtown to get your marriage license at the Marriage Bureau before your ceremony. It’s really easy to find the Marriage Bureau with your GPS navigation thingie, but cab drivers know the place well, too. (201 Clark Avenue, NW corner of 3rd Street and Clark.) We recommend getting your license the day before your wedding, so it’s less stressful on the day of.
To make it even easier, you can go online (up to 60 days ahead) to http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/clerk/Services/pages/MarriageLicenses.aspx . You’ll still have to go down to the Marriage Bureau, but you’ll get express-lane service! For couples who are renewing their wedding vows or having a commitment ceremony, no license is necessary. You can skip step 4 almost entirely! But do call us to tell us you’ve arrived in town for your ceremony.
5. Show up 15 or 20 minutes before your wedding time on YOUR WEDDING DAY. If you have a driver, that’s something you needn’t worry about. Your driver will call you at your hotel and tell you where and when he’ll/she’ll pick you up. Be sure to have THE RINGS and your MARRIAGE LICENSE with you— and you’re good to go!
We think getting married in Las Vegas is about 1,000 times easier than any other kind of wedding. At Viva Las Vegas, we consider it our job to make it easy and worry-free for you. Because your wedding should be all about you, and each other. We want your Viva Las Vegas Wedding to be fun, happy, and unforgettable. Plus….EASY!
One of the perks of working at a Las Vegas wedding chapel is seeing visiting celebrities—LIKE ANDREW MCCARTHY! (They’re not necessarily tying the knot, but often come as wedding guests of friends and family who get married in Vegas.)
Our beautiful and always cheerful wedding photographer, Maria, was thrilled when she happened to be on duty and spotted Andrew just outside our chapel. He’d come for a friend’s wedding. Maria exclaimed, “I’m NEVER on duty when someone famous is here!” Luckily for Maria, when it finally happened, the star was a guy who’s been her big-time hearthrob since the 80’s.
“The night before I met him I had watched St. Elmo’s Fire, and the week before, Less Than Zero, ” Maria added. What a coincidence!
We’re delighted Maria happened to be working that day!
The walls of Viva Las Vegas Weddings are filled with our own “hall of fame” visitors, including Angelina Jolie, Sara Ramirez, the REAL Erin Brokovich, Ashton Kutcher, Carrot Top, Gene Simmons and many more. The folks in the pics are the real deal, even though, with all the themed weddings we do, sightings of impersonators of every kind– music and movie characters and even superheroes— are pretty common here. And then there’s The King. Yeah, him. Elvis is everywhere.
You’ll also see Maria everywhere, mostly in her “role” as photographer. But she does it all, far beyond her job description. “Sometimes I’m answering phones, coordinating weddings, playing cashier…And then I run into the chapel, shoot photos and video, all while I’m running the lights, music, fog and sound!”
There’s rarely a dull moment, even when no stars are visiting Viva Las Vegas Chapel. Maria is always smiling, though, and always taking the time to make brides and grooms comfortable when posing for their formal wedding photos. If you’re lucky enough to have Maria photographing your wedding, she’ll treat you like a celebrity, too.
And she’ll probably have stories to tell…Especially about that Brat Pack guy….