When it’s not just the two of you eloping to Las Vegas, it’s a good idea to let friends and family who will be here know all the ins and outs of your wedding ceremony at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel. Here are a few things you may want to pass on, and you can even use your free online wedding website/invitation to share this information, if you like! There, you can post photos, the story of your proposal and how you met, and all the great reasons why you’re getting married in Vegas! (We’ll hook you up with your very own wedding website when you book your wedding with us!)
Here are the main things your guests might want to know in advance:
1. Be sure to arrive on time! If your guests aren’t coming to the chapel with you in the limo, make sure they know where we’re located, and make sure they allow plenty of time to get here. Since some days the chapel may be booked every single half hour of the day, by necessity we start all weddings right on time. Feel free to call the chapel to ask for advice on the best routes from your hotel. 1-702-384-0771.
2. YES! If your wedding package (as most do) includes photography and video, your guests can also take pictures during the ceremony. We request that they do this from their seats, though. Since our photographer is moving all around the chapel to get the best angles, we worry about folks tripping over each other, or hampering the photographer’s work. After the ceremony,though, cameras must be turned off for the posed photo session with our photographer. He or she will take group shots that include your guests and family members. Once they step outside the chapel to celebrate as you emerge under your “Names in Lights” on our marquee over the exit, your guests are free to take photos again. Best photo op ever!!!! (If you are having a Garden, Gazebo, or Doo Wop Diner wedding, we’ll still bring you and your guests around front to take photos under our famous sign!)
3. No rice, no confetti, no birdseed. But YES, we do bubbles! We know it’s tradition for church weddings to throw these things as couples step outside from their wedding. But since we do so many ceremonies, we use wedding bubbles instead. We sell them in our lobby, or you can bring your own. They are just as fun and festive, and they turn into rainbows of happiness in the Vegas sunshine! 🙂
4. Since our Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel is a restored historic building, restroom facilities are very limited. It’s a good idea to know this ahead of time, to avoid a long line at the restroom door, if you have lots of guests! However, we do have a cozy bride’s room for checking hair and makeup briefly before the ceremony, that sort of thing. We just want you to know our limitations, if you have a LOT of friends and family attending.
5. Your guests may wish to have bottled water. We don’t have a water fountain here at the chapel. While we do sell cold bottled water in our lobby, guests, especially in summer, are also welcome to bring their own. Summertime weddings require hydration!
If you have any other concerns or questions about your Viva Las Vegas Wedding, call us or live chat with us on our website at www.vivalasvegasweddings.com We want your day to go as beautifully and seamlessly as possible!