What to expect as a Las Vegas bride? Jitters! But at Viva Las Vegas Weddings, we’ll get you through it! Remember to bring your marriage license and the rings (check our website for all the details on getting your marriage license in Las Vegas), and we’ll do all the rest. We’ll have your fresh flowers ready for you when you arrive, and you’ll have your very own wedding coordinator to walk you through your paces before the ceremony.
Here are a few wedding tips that many brides at Viva Las Vegas have benefitted from or shared with us over the years:
1. If you are having an indoor wedding, your photographs will be taken with a flash, so feel free to use a bit of extra color when doing your bridal makeup. Extra powder, especially on hot summer days, will ensure that your face isn’t shiny in wedding photos.
2. Wear comfortable shoes. Even though your ceremony and photo session will be over in half an hour, you don’t want your “hound dogs” barking. If your wedding shoes are only “10-minute shoes,” consider wearing flats and bring your fancy shoes in a bag to put on right before the ceremony.
3. Come dressed and ready to go for your wedding. We have a cozy bride’s room right adjacent where you’ll go down the aisle, but it’s just for touch-up’s and making a last-minute check in the full-length mirror. (We wish we had room to accommodate all our brides as they dressed for their weddings, but logistics at Las Vegas chapels don’t really allow for this. We do offer a “First Look” package as an upgrade, if you don’t want to be seen in your dress before the ceremony. We’ll arrange a separate limousine and a beautiful private room for you and your lady attendants. Just ask one of our helpful wedding planners about our First Look package at 1-702-384-0771.)
4. Hold your bouquet just below your waist. Many brides don’t realize that their dresses can’t be seen to best advantage if the flowers cover up the bodice. And besides, you’ll look nervous. Fortunately, our wedding coordinators will remind you of this before you go down the aisle.
5. Plan ahead if you want someone to walk you down the aisle. Father, brother, even hubby-to-be are popular choices. Elvis wedding? Elvis can walk you down the aisle, too. Or, any of our other themed characters. Just ask us!
6. If you’re planning a ceremony in our Outdoor Gazebo or Garden Chapel, think about what you’re wearing and the season. You may want to bring along a pretty wrap or faux fur if it might be chilly. If the weather turns out to be really awful (a rarity in Las Vegas!), we’ll make other indoor arrangements for you.
7. Don’t hesitate to call the chapel in advance of your wedding day to confirm that everything is just as you want it to be. The better we communicate, the more perfectly your fabulous Las Vegas wedding will be!