One of the first faces to greet you when you arrive at Viva Las Vegas Weddings on your wedding day may be Alondra, one of our most cheerful staffers. Her winning smile and confident guidance will put you at ease right away, if you’re feeling those wedding day butterflies. (You may have even chatted with Alondra on our website at www.vivalasvegasweddings.com or spoken to her on the phone when you booked your wedding with us.) This week, we’re putting Alondra in our Staff Spotlight!
We put a few questions to Alondra, so you can get to know her better before arriving at our chapel:
1. How long have you lived in Las Vegas, and where are you from? I’ve lived in Las Vegas for 13 years. My family has Mexican roots, and we moved from Chicago, where I was born, when I was seven years old. So I mostly grew up right here in Vegas.
2. Where did you go to school and what other interesting things have you done before joining the Viva Las Vegas staff? I attended high school at Southeast Career Technical Academy where I also got my cosmetology license to do hair. After I graduated from high school, though, I joined the Army, and I’m now in the Army Nevada National Guard. I’d like to mention, for all the veterans who may be coming to Las Vegas to be married, be sure to ask for your military discount at Viva Las Vegas Weddings! It’s a small gesture of gratitude that we make here. We’ve even had our fair share of beautiful weddings in uniform at our chapel!
3. What other things do you like to do for fun in Las Vegas? I enjoy reading, working out, and going to eat at different restaurants. I enjoy going to church and the Galleria Mall. (Need a great recommendation for restaurants during your honeymoon stay in Las Vegas? Alondra and her Viva colleagues can help steer you in the right direction, since the city has become a veritable mecca for gourmet and unique casual dining! Plus, they know all the BEST shopping spots!)
4. What is your favorite part of your job at Viva? What is the hardest part of your job? My favorite part of my job is seeing how happy the couples look, and sharing that happy moment with them. The hardest part of my job is knowing I can’t mess up at all because it’s a really special moment for the couple. So there can be a lot of pressure.
5. What is the funniest, sweetest, or best thing you’ve seen happen at a wedding–something that you’ll always remember. I will always remember a bride that started to cry because she couldn’t believe this day was actually happening. She was so excited to be married to the love of her life. I imagined myself in her place and got almost as emotional as she was!
6. What is the worst or most embarrassing thing that you’ve seen happen at the chapel…or the funniest thing? I am one of the newest wedding planners here, and I’ve heard a LOT of incredible stories from my co-workers. But the one I witnessed in person was the time a beautiful bride almost fainted because everything was too much for her. She was THAT nervous! (It should be noted that the atmosphere at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel is usually very relaxed and calming, and we all do our best to keep the tone soothing for those brides and grooms who may be a bit on edge. We definitely aim to make this the happiest memory of your lives!)
7. Do you have any good advice for couples when planning their wedding? My advice is to definitely take time when planning your wedding. Read the informational packet we send you when you’ve booked your wedding with us, and feel free to call us or chat with us online with as many questions as you have. That way, you’ll know exactly what to expect on your wedding day, and you’ve got a much better chance of just relaxing and enjoying every minute of your Viva Las Vegas wedding! Call me or my fellow Viva wedding staffers anytime at 702-384-0771. We’ll help arrange the Las Vegas wedding or wedding vow renewal of your dreams!Share on Facebook