We don’t really do Christmas in July here at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel, but it IS time to start planning your holiday wedding, if December suits your matrimonial schedule. Did you know that New Year’s Eve is second only to Valentine’s Day for a romantic Vegas wedding? Holiday time in general–especially Christmas Eve–makes for stunning traditional weddings that often feature red and white gowns, bouquets, bowties– accented with silver and gold, of course!
If you’re up for a more fun-filled holiday wedding, choose any of our Elvis Wedding Packages and add Santa and Mrs. Claus as backup dancers! They’ll appear in a cloud of fog behind our gold curtain as Elvis sings, “Santa Bring My Baby Back to Me.” The whole effect makes an awesome holiday surprise for your guests, especially anyone back home watching your ceremony streamed live online!
Not Elvis fans? You can opt to have Santa Claus himself perform your ceremony with holiday music in the background. (Maybe “Christmas Bride.” Perfect!) Just choose any of our Traditional Wedding packages and ask your friendly Viva Las Vegas wedding planner to substitute Santa as minister. Santa (and Mrs. Claus, too) can be added to any of our other Themed Weddings, too. Really adventurous couples will get a thrill out of mixing Darth Vader and Santa, the Bluez Brothers and Santa, or even Liberace and Santa. We can customize any aspect of your wedding you can imagine!
If you’re celebrating an anniversary in December and are planning a trip to Vegas, this is the lighthearted wedding vow renewal ceremony for you. Best of all, room rates in Las Vegas are at their lowest in December. Up until New Year’s, the crowds are a lot lighter in Las Vegas, too. Give us a call with questions and any assistance you may need in planning and booking a Viva Las Vegas Wedding for the holidays! 702-384-0771 Or visit us online at www.vivalasvegasweddings.com We’ll keep the mistletoe in the cooler until then!
Believe it or not, nearly half of our Viva Las Vegas Weddings ceremonies are full-on, traditional style weddings with most of the lovely bells and whistles of a church wedding back home. Some are very intimate affairs with just the couple, whether they’re eloping in secret or just wanting something personal. But–in case YOUR cozy wedding-for-two turns into a big one once everyone finds out you’re tying the knot in Vegas–our Main Chapel can comfortably seat nearly 100 guests. (It’s amazing how many friends and family members don’t mind a trip to Las Vegas for your wedding day!)
Whether you’re eloping to Vegas or it’s simply your wedding destination of choice, here are a few traditions you may (or may not) want to keep for your Viva Las Vegas Wedding. First–the ring! Did you know that about 70% of brides wear a traditional diamond ring on their left hand? Others opt for a sapphire, representing a happy and harmonious union, or an aquamarine stone that bodes for a long and prosperous union. We’ve also seen tattoos in place of precious metal rings, and even lollipop rings– when couples choose not to exchange “real” rings at all. (Your “traditional” style wedding can include only the elements that have meaning for YOU.) Your personal wedding coordinator will ask ahead of time if you’ll be exchanging rings. If not, the minister will work around this seamlessly.
A bit of Las Vegas trivia here! Priscilla Presley’s engagement ring was 3 1/2 carats! Your rings–and the size or presence of their stones– are a very personal choice, but just be sure to bring them to the chapel! (One bride lost her ring and the ceremony had to be performed without it. On the way back to her hotel in the limousine, the bride discovered the ring had gone down the front of her dress and lodged in her bra!)
Next–the dress! Wondering what to wear to your traditional Vegas wedding? Many brides still choose to wear white, a trend said to have been started by Queen Victoria in the mid-19th century. But in Las Vegas, that white is often in the form of a summery off-the-shoulder dress, or something a bit sassier. (We’ve even seen white bikinis for our clearly non-traditional Beach Party Themed Wedding!) But, in Las Vegas, where many weddings are distinctly different, brides wear almost any style or color down the aisle–even jeans, for a casual yet still “traditional” wedding.
Even in the most kicked-back of Viva Las Vegas Weddings, where jeans and even shorts are worn, brides often keep the veil, a traditional started in ancient Greece and believe to have protected brides from evil spirits.(You wouldn’t want that!) Brides in jeans (or bikinis) look fun and fabulous in a veil, and we even rent them here at the chapel. For more formal weddings, we also rent tuxes right on the premises!
At Viva Las Vegas Weddings, you also have the option of adding a traditional reception afterward, from a simple cake and champagne toast to elegant dining and dancing with live music at our adjacent Ron Decar’s Event Center. If you’re eloping and just want wedding cake for two to take back to your hotel, we do that, too, and we’ll pack it to-go!
For more information on ways to include your own traditions in a customized Viva Las Vegas Wedding, visit our website (www.vivalasvegasweddings.com) and then give us a call with questions at 702-384-0771. We’ll be delighted to help you start your own wedding tradition!
Besides having your Viva Las Vegas Wedding streamed live online, or watching Viva weddings live on our EarthCam, soon select Viva Las Vegas weddings can be seen worldwide on SmartTVs, media players (Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV) and the new Las Vegas Broadcasting Company app! (Boy, have we got weddings covered, media-wise!)
Although not EVERY Viva Las Vegas Wedding will be broadcast, it will be a great way for couples to experience our various Traditional, Themed and Elvis weddings in advance of booking a wedding. Seeing our wide variety of ceremonies live and from multiple angles and perspectives will give couples a much better idea of what their own wedding will feel like on the big day!
Remember, though, couples ALWAYS have the option of streaming their weddings and wedding vow renewals live online at our chapel on their free wedding website, included with all of our wedding packages. You can even archive the video so that friends and family can watch for 30 days or more after the actual day of your wedding. For details on all the ways you can capture your wedding day with us, give us a call at 702-384-0771. All of our chapels–Main Chapel, Outdoor Gazebo Chapel, Garden Chapel, Doo Wop Diner Chapel and Little Chapel– have live streaming capability.
Look for our weddings on TV! We can’t wait to share all the fun that happens every single day at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel! www.vivalasvegasweddings.com
BIG news flash! Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel has just been named Best Wedding Chapel in Nevada by voters and readers of Nevada Magazine! Thanks to all of our wedding couples, families, guests and everyone else who voted for us in this year’s Nevada Magazine Best of Nevada Awards! We are proud and humbled to be recognized once again for our service and for our Traditional, Themed and Elvis Weddings in Las Vegas. We strive to be exceptional–and exceptionally creative–at what we do, and this award makes us want to try even harder.
We appreciate all the happy couples who have passed through our doors for their weddings or wedding vow renewals in Las Vegas. Over the years, countless of you have returned to renew your vows with us, so we know we’re doing something right. We always enjoy hearing your suggestions on how we can do our jobs better, and we love the many requests for custom weddings that present us with fun challenges. Some of them have even become permanent Themed Wedding offerings on our website!
Thank you for your kind patronage, and feel free to call us anytime or to chat with us online about all your requests, questions, comments, suggestions, or just call to say “hello!” We are grateful to you all– and we hope to measure up to the same award-winning standard for 2018! www.vivalasvegasweddings.com 702-384-0771
One of the first faces to greet you when you arrive at Viva Las Vegas Weddings on your wedding day may be Alondra, one of our most cheerful staffers. Her winning smile and confident guidance will put you at ease right away, if you’re feeling those wedding day butterflies. (You may have even chatted with Alondra on our website at www.vivalasvegasweddings.com or spoken to her on the phone when you booked your wedding with us.) This week, we’re putting Alondra in our Staff Spotlight!
We put a few questions to Alondra, so you can get to know her better before arriving at our chapel:
1. How long have you lived in Las Vegas, and where are you from? I’ve lived in Las Vegas for 13 years. My family has Mexican roots, and we moved from Chicago, where I was born, when I was seven years old. So I mostly grew up right here in Vegas.
2. Where did you go to school and what other interesting things have you done before joining the Viva Las Vegas staff? I attended high school at Southeast Career Technical Academy where I also got my cosmetology license to do hair. After I graduated from high school, though, I joined the Army, and I’m now in the Army Nevada National Guard. I’d like to mention, for all the veterans who may be coming to Las Vegas to be married, be sure to ask for your military discount at Viva Las Vegas Weddings! It’s a small gesture of gratitude that we make here. We’ve even had our fair share of beautiful weddings in uniform at our chapel!
3. What other things do you like to do for fun in Las Vegas? I enjoy reading, working out, and going to eat at different restaurants. I enjoy going to church and the Galleria Mall. (Need a great recommendation for restaurants during your honeymoon stay in Las Vegas? Alondra and her Viva colleagues can help steer you in the right direction, since the city has become a veritable mecca for gourmet and unique casual dining! Plus, they know all the BEST shopping spots!)
4. What is your favorite part of your job at Viva? What is the hardest part of your job? My favorite part of my job is seeing how happy the couples look, and sharing that happy moment with them. The hardest part of my job is knowing I can’t mess up at all because it’s a really special moment for the couple. So there can be a lot of pressure.
5. What is the funniest, sweetest, or best thing you’ve seen happen at a wedding–something that you’ll always remember. I will always remember a bride that started to cry because she couldn’t believe this day was actually happening. She was so excited to be married to the love of her life. I imagined myself in her place and got almost as emotional as she was!
6. What is the worst or most embarrassing thing that you’ve seen happen at the chapel…or the funniest thing? I am one of the newest wedding planners here, and I’ve heard a LOT of incredible stories from my co-workers. But the one I witnessed in person was the time a beautiful bride almost fainted because everything was too much for her. She was THAT nervous! (It should be noted that the atmosphere at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel is usually very relaxed and calming, and we all do our best to keep the tone soothing for those brides and grooms who may be a bit on edge. We definitely aim to make this the happiest memory of your lives!)
7. Do you have any good advice for couples when planning their wedding? My advice is to definitely take time when planning your wedding. Read the informational packet we send you when you’ve booked your wedding with us, and feel free to call us or chat with us online with as many questions as you have. That way, you’ll know exactly what to expect on your wedding day, and you’ve got a much better chance of just relaxing and enjoying every minute of your Viva Las Vegas wedding! Call me or my fellow Viva wedding staffers anytime at 702-384-0771. We’ll help arrange the Las Vegas wedding or wedding vow renewal of your dreams!
Getting married in Las Vegas this summer? Take advantage of our amazing Viva Las Vegas Weddings Summer Special! Now through the end of August, book and be wed in one of our Traditional, Themed, or Elvis Wedding Packages and enjoy complimentary, live streaming video of your ceremony. Your friends and family back home who can’t be in Las Vegas for your big day will be able to watch in real time as you tie the knot with…Elvis? Tom Jones? Darth Vader? Or even a charming “normal” minister.
This offer includes our Outdoor Gazebo and Garden Chapels, both equipped with webcams just like our Main Chapel. Even better, our one-of-a-kind 1950s retro-style Doo Wop Diner Chapel also offers live streaming video capability! Grab your poodle skirt, saddle shoes, and wedding veil for a unique ceremony featuring Elvis or The Fonz as minister…Or? We’ve even done weddings based on the musical Grease in our popular diner setting!
For more details and information on any of our exciting wedding packages, call one of our helpful wedding planners or chat with one online at www.vivalasvegasweddings.com