Once you’ve booked a Traditional, Elvis, Themed or customized wedding with us at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel, here are a few things you’ll want to know, so there are no surprises on the big day!
1. If it’s a legal wedding, make sure to stop by the Marriage Bureau first to get your license. Our friendly staff will provide details by phone if you like, but you will also be emailed an informational packet with all the scoop on how to go about getting your license. PLEASE read your packet. That answers almost any question you might have. If you’re renewing your vows or if you’re having a symbolic commitment ceremony, no license needed!
2. Many packages come with a certain number of free candid photos. These are not the posed formal shots taken after the ceremony is over, but rather the spontaneous ones of various moments during the wedding…walking down the aisle, the ring exchange, the kiss, the lighting of candles, etc… You can look at examples of our photos–candid and formal– ahead of time by going to www.vivalasvegasweddings.com and clicking on Order Photos. You can take a look at the wedding photos of recent couples. That way, you’ll have a good idea what to expect of your own photos. (By the way, we DO offer the option for you to bring your own professional photographer, for an additional fee. And of course your guests can take photos from their seats during the actual wedding…just not during the formal photo shoot afterward.)
3. Remember, we book ceremonies at half hour intervals. Most ceremonies last about 10 minutes, depending on number of songs and packages. You’ll have about a five-minute rehearsal with your wedding coordinator beforehand, and that’s when you’ll be presented with your bouquets, boutonnieres, etc. The formal photos taken afterward take another 10 minutes or so. We do everything we can to make ceremonies start on time, because many people have folks watching the live stream across the country. If you arrive at the chapel on your own, come at least 10 minutes early. We do our best to keep our limousines on time, too, for packages that include transportation. Occasionally there’s a traffic issue or a mix-up…But over 90% of the time, we are punctual!
4. Most of our couples feel that the half hour wedding time is just right, not rushed, and well-orchestrated. If you think you’d like more time, let us know. You can upgrade to add extra time for more photos, add extra Elvis songs, a First Dance, a rose exchange, etc. Even better, check out our reception packages! That’s the best way to extend the celebration! Use the “Receptions” drop down menu on our website to see what we have to offer…From simple cake and champagne toasts to elaborate buffets with a DJ and dancing, we do it all!
5. Unless you are renting costumes from our costume shop, arrive dressed and ready to go with your rings and marriage license. We have a cozy room for the bride to check her appearance before going down the aisle, but it’s not meant for changing. You can always add a “First Look” option to your package if you want to get ready here…and you can opt for a makeup artist and hair stylist, too. Give us a call to discuss! 702-384-0771Share on Facebook