Getting married in Las Vegas this summer? It’s vacation time for lots of folks, and of course it’s a really popular time to plan a Las Vegas wedding. What’s the flip side? Temperatures here are expected to be over 110 degrees this weekend. Las Vegas can sizzle in more ways than one! But thanks to high-powered air-conditioning all over the city, you’ll do fine. Here are a few tips for staying comfortable for your Viva Las Vegas wedding. Whether you book a traditional, themed or Elvis wedding, you’ll want to look hot, not BE hot for your summertime ceremony.
1. Consider booking an evening wedding. Once the sun goes down, the air conditioning (and misting systems in our outdoor chapels) work even better. Plus you have the advantage of being wed under romantic twinkling lights and candles. It just FEELS cooler at night. Bonus: If your wedding package includes limo service, you’ll get the thrill of seeing the lights of Las Vegas to and from your ceremony.
2. Drink LOTS of water once you arrive in Vegas, to stay hydrated. The air is so dry that you probably won’t notice you’re perspiring–sweat dries THATFAST!
3. Bring a cold bottle of water with you to the chapel. We do have bottled drinking water for sale if you need it, but there’s no water fountain here. (Ours is a restored vintage chapel!)
4. If you’re planning on doing ANY sightseeing on foot during daylight hours, a dark umbrella works well to provide shade. We know. That’s sounds weird. But those black umbrellas are like being in the shade of a tree! (And, carry water with you on foot, and everywhere you go!)
5. If you prefer a daytime wedding, late morning will be the coolest time of day. You might even consider one of our summer-themed weddings that are just right for wearing tropical or beachwear and sandals….Beach Party, Elvis Blue Hawaii, etc. Choose a theme with more casual-wear options and you’ll be glad you did!
Any questions about summer weddings, or weddings any other time of year? Please feel free to call us at 702-384-0771 or live chat with us on our website at www.vivalasvegasweddings.com