It’s true, just about anything goes as far as your themed, traditional or Elvis wedding with us at Viva Las Vegas Weddings. We want your day to be all about you, so we try to make all the details right, customizing your wedding package with features that suit your taste and style perfectly. But, we DO have a few suggestions to make sure your wedding, wedding photos and video– your total wedding experience— will be flawless.
We’re all about fun here, and we think we’ve seen almost every mistake a bride and groom can make on their wedding day in Vegas. Follow these five easy suggestions,though, and you’ll eliminate the chances for most of the “uh-oh” moments we see at our chapel.
1. Spit out your gum. We know you want fresh breath for the wedding kiss. And we know chewing gum helps relax nervous brides and grooms. But, trust us, spit out your gum before the wedding ceremony begins, and your breath will still be great at kissing time. Why? Just wait until you see your wedding video with you chomping away during the vows. And remember, that’s what your friends and family are seeing, watching live on the Internet.
2. Don’t forget your marriage license. Most people do remember to go downtown to get it. But, the real problem occurs when you forget to bring it with you to the chapel. It’s a real bummer, but you can’t be legally wed without this on your person.(If you are renewing your vows or having a commitment ceremony, you don’t need a license at all. Whew.) For more information on getting your marriage license in Las Vegas, visit: http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/clerk/Services/Pages/MarriageLicenses.aspx
3. Don’t forget the rings. If your best man or maid of honor are carrying them for you, double check. We can still do the ceremony without these, but it’s just not the same….
It’s especially important to remember your rings and the marriage license if you’re having an on-location wedding with us!
4. Ladies, if you’re wearing special wedding shoes with those incredible high heels, it’s a good idea to practice walking in them on carpet first! Wear your dress, too, if it’s floor length, so you can anticipate how to step carefully. You don’t want to take a nasty spill down the aisle at your wedding. Unless you WANT your wedding video to go viral!
5. Save the toast for after the ceremony. We know you’ve seen wedding episodes on TV sitcoms or wedding-themed movies where being a bit tipsy has been an issue. We know it’s Vegas, but things are just generally going to go better if you are aware of the importance of your special vows. Our ministers and Elvis officiants will make you feel very comfortable during your ceremony, so you shouldn’t really need liquid courage.
These are just general guidelines for a great wedding. Almost anything else that might go wrong just makes for fun stories to tell to your grandchildren. If you have any other questions about what to expect on your wedding day with us, don’t hesitate to call one of our friendly staffers at 702-384-0771. See you at the chapel…WITH your license!Share on Facebook