Goin’ to the Chapel? How to Get Married in Las Vegas!

Diner Wedding in Vegas with Elvis
Once you’ve picked your Viva Las Vegas Chapel (our Main Chapel, Doo Wop Diner, or Outdoor Gazebo or Garden Chapels), it’s time for one last-minute detail! The Marriage License!

After you’ve booked your amazing Elvis, themed, or traditional wedding package at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel (the best and most fun place to get hitched in Vegas), almost everything is done for you. (Okay, be sure to book your hotel and bring your wedding duds and wedding rings with you. There’s that.) But once you’ve arrived in Las Vegas for your wedding, you’ll need to make a trip downtown to the Clark County Marriage Bureau. If you’re renewing your vows, you won’t need a license. But if it’s a legal wedding you’re planning, you will need official documentation. On the bright side, there’s no waiting period and no blood test.

how to get your marriage license in Vegas
The Marriage Bureau at 201 Clark Avenue, the Northwest corner of 3rd and Clark Streets

It’s generally a good idea to get your license the day before your wedding, so it’s less stressful. The Marriage Bureau keeps long hours, though, and if you plan accordingly, it may be possible to get your license the day of the ceremony, especially if you are having an evening wedding. Since the Marriage Bureau is located in exciting Downtown Las Vegas, you can even make a day of it, visiting the Mob Museum, the Neon Museum, and doing lunch or dinner at one of our kitschy new gourmet dining spots on Fremont Street or environs. There’s lots to see and do down there!

To make it even easier to get your license, you can go online (up to 60 days ahead) to http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/clerk/Services/pages/MarriageLicenses.aspx Click on the Marriage Pre-Application, to be completed for both the bride and the groom. Print and bring these forms with you to the Marriage Bureau so you can get “express lane” service when you arrive. The Bureau is open until midnight during the week, 24 hours on weekends. You’ll need $60 cash (or $65 credit card); money orders and cashier’s checks are also accepted. You’ll need to show ID (check Bureau site for details on requirements) for both parties.

Once you’ve got your license, be sure to bring it with you to the chapel at the time of your wedding. We can do the ceremony if you’ve forgotten the rings, but not if you don’t have your license in hand! Your legal minister will provide you with all the information you’ll need to obtain a copy of your license to do things like name changes, etc., once you’re legally married.

Remember, if you have ANY questions or concerns about your upcoming wedding with us, call one of our patient and friendly staffers at 702-384-0771. Or visit our website at www.vivalasvegasweddings.com to chat live online. We’ll make sure every aspect of your wedding is a breeze. Viva Las Vegas!