Sometimes tears are a good thing, like happy tears at weddings. That’s why at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel we’ve got kleenex hidden in the flowers and plants. Weepy brides and grooms, we’ve got you covered! While most of our Elvis and themed ceremonies are likely to bring laughter instead, there are sometimes tears during the “serious part”— even at Elvis weddings.
It’s the traditional ceremonies, though, that tend to be emotional throughout. That’s where we go through the most tissue, anyway. Because of our many years of experience in planning and arranging weddings, we have a pretty good idea about when we’re going to need to re-stock our kleenex stash. Here are the cues we go by:
1. When the bride and groom bring us a CD with their own special song for the bride’s entrance. (We can’t even say how much music affects the entire feeling of your ceremony. It may be the single most important choice you can make for your wedding day. By the way, tell us ahead of time that you’ll be bringing your own music.)
2. When there’s a live singer involved. Our Forevermore Wedding Package includes a professional singer, with the couple’s choice of song. If it’s “Ave Maria” or “Unchained Melody” as the bride and groom light of the unity candle, there’s usually not a dry eye in the chapel. There are many other really stirring song choices, and, given two or more weeks’ advance booking, we can perform your song.
3. When the bride and groom have written brief vows to say to each other during the ceremony. These are often so heartfelt that staff members start to tear up, and we don’t even know the couple very well!
4. When the couple includes family in a part of the ceremony. These are usually special requests that surprise even us. For example, at Forevermore weddings, brides sometimes order single roses to pass out to family members during the song and unity candle lighting. It’s a really stirring and unforgettable moment.
5. When the couple adds a “First Dance” to their wedding ceremony package. Again, there is something about “your song” and the meaning it has for you. Sharing an intimate dance mid-ceremony to a special piece of music usually gets everyone else choked up, too. We say, do it!
For details on our Forevermore Wedding, please visit: http://www.vivalasvegasweddings.com/forevermore_wedding.htmShare on Facebook