Obtaining a marriage license in Las Vegas is very easy. The cost is $60.00 cash, and you will need to bring a valid driver’s license or passport for identification.
They will not accept credit cards, checks, or money orders. There is no waiting period, and no blood test is required. In addition, you will not need to present divorce papers.
For all legal marriages, the marriage license is required to be presented at the time of the wedding.
Without the marriage license, the minister will not perform the ceremony. The couple will be asked to reschedule & be charged a accordingly. Please note have your license ready when the limousine driver picks you up, they are on a schedule and are unable to turn back to your hotel.
An original or certified copy of one of the following forms of identification will be required effective Jan 1, 2008:
- Driver’s License, Instruction Permit, or identification card issued by this State or another state
- Foreign government issued ID card, including driver’s license (must include birth date)
- Matricula Consular Card
- Military Identification Card or Military Dependant Identification Card
- Certificate of Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization, Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Resident Card
- Voter Identification Cards (must contain birth date)
- Birth Certificate and a secondary form of identification that contains the name and picture of the applicant such as:
– Gaming/Sheriff’s Work Card
– Employee ID card/badge
– Membership card from establishment requiring ID for membership (Costco, Sam’s Club, etc.)
– Credit Card
Marriage License Requirements:
- Applicants must be a male and a female, at least 18 years of age, and not nearer of kin than second cousins or cousins of half blood, and not having a husband or wife living.
- Applicants may be required to prove their age. Those not having acceptable identification to prove age may be refused a marriage license. (Faxed copies, damaged identification, privately issued I.D., check cashing cards or photocopies of identification are unacceptable.)
- Social Security Numbers are required on the Affidavit of Application for a Marriage License. Please know your Social Security Number. Those without knowledge of their Social Security Number may be refused a marriage license. It is recognized that non U.S. citizens will not have a Social Security Number.
- There is no blood test and no waiting period after a license is issued.
- Are required to know the Month/Day/Year/City and State of their divorce. The divorce must be final and filed with the courts in the state or country granted. You are not required to bring the divorce decree.
Minor applicants, ages 16 or 17 (not yet age 18):
- Must have consent of a parent or legal guardian. Minors will need an original or certified copy of the birth certificate which lists the name of the consenting parent. (No photocopies of documents may be accepted.) Legal guardians are required to present a certified copy of the court ordered guardianship papers. (No photocopies may be accepted.)A parent or guardian is required to have acceptable identification to prove they are the parent on the birth certificate or the legal guardian on the guardianship order.
- If it is not possible for the parent or guardian to be present, an original, notarized statement in English must be presented with the certified copy of the birth certificate or a certified copy of the guardianship order at the time of the issuance of the marriage license. The notarized statement should contain the parent or legal guardian’s full name, relationship to the minor, minor’s full name, birth date and the statement that the parent or legal guardian gives consent for the minor to marry. All documents must be in English or translated into English by a notary.
- A person less than 16 years of age may marry only if either parent or legal guardian files an action, pays all court fees as provided by law, and presents a court order, from a Nevada State Court, authorizing the Clerk to issue the marriage license. Applicants should contact an attorney to prepare the documents. This office has no forms.
Download and fill the Marriage Licence formShare on Facebook